Study Abroad Summer in Thailand with TEAN
- Spend your summer in Chiang Mai, a city that blends a modernizing country with traditional Thai culture, and gain an understanding of Thailand’s past, present and future
- Study on a spacious campus, surrounded by local students, and feel the course content come to life with field trips planned throughout the program
- Select from two housing options – a modern student dorm complex or for more independent living, a new condo complex, both a five-minute walk from campus and each other
- Learn more about the fascinating histories, belief systems, cultures and issues impacting Southeast Asia through a variety of available courses
- Benefit from access to TEAN’s Chiang Mai Resident Coordinator and other in-country staff for continued support throughout the summer
- Explore Thailand's stunning beaches and islands with an optional three-day excursion
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Chiang Mai is great for those who want:
- to go somewhere more off the beaten path with a culture that blends ancient traditions and modern living
- a small town feel but always something to do – hike up to a forest temple, study in cool cafes, attend a meditation retreat, catch live jam sessions and eat incredible Thai food
- to study abroad on a budget – you can easily spend less money in Chiang Mai than during a regular semester at home
- travel options! Explore Thailand and surrounding countries with affordable flights and accommodation
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) – established in 1995 – are study abroad and intern specialists in the Asia Pacific region with semester and summer programs available in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, China and Japan.
Visit the TEAN Website to learn more or Apply Now with TEAN
This program includes "Do Not Travel" locations according to the U.S. Department of State, as of January 29, 2019. Please review UNC Charlotte's Travel Policy to Restricted Areas. Participation in this program is contingent upon completing a waiver with the Office of Education Abroad. Please contact the OEA to discuss your interest in traveling to this location.
Important Notes from the
Office of Education Abroad (OEA) at UNC Charlotte
Researching this Program
Many affiliate providers typically will only list minimal information in their brochure above within the OEA database of approved programs as all current information is hosted on their website. Please use the links provided above to research the program information on the affiliate provider's website.
Affiliate Provider Programs
Check out our Affiliate Provider page
for more general information about what an affiliate provider is, the program and cost structure & more. Please note that the "Fact Sheet" listed above may list majors or minors under the "Areas of Study" parameter. It's important to understand that these are simply suggested
areas of study, which indicates that this program may
offer one or several courses within this discipline. Additionally, as course offerings can change often, the program may offer one or more courses within an area of study that is not listed in this section. Students should not rely solely on this "areas of study" section when determining whether or not a study abroad program is a good academic fit for them;
it is the student's responsibility to look at the specific list of courses offered by the host university (see below) to determine whether or not courses are available within their interests and/or area(s) of study.
Any student wishing to participate in an affiliate provider program is required to complete an additional application with the Office of Education Abroad in order to receive approval to participate in the program. Please visit our Application Process page
for more information. Note that students who do not receive approval from the OEA to participate in the program will not receive academic credit, will not be able to access their financial aid or scholarships and will not have access to OEA Services
Refer to our Academic Credit page
for more information on how students will be working with their academic departments to determine what UNC Charlotte equivalent course credit they will receive for the courses they take abroad.
It's important to understand the cost structure of an Affiliate Provider program
and to then research the estimated costs of each expense. Check out our Money Matters section
on our website to learn more about how financial aid works, search for scholarship opportunities and more.
For questions regarding policies & procedures for UNC Charlotte students going abroad, please visit the OEA website
, contact the Office of Education Abroad at 704-687-7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. For questions regarding details of this particular affiliate provider program (e.g. program dates, course offerings, program fee, etc.), please contact the affiliate provider.