Australian Environment, Wildlife and Conversation Summer Program with TEAN
- Learn from leading expert Australian faculty as well as environmentally-minded guest speakers in this well-established program that's run for more than two decades
- Traverse the country staying in some of Australia’s top destinations including Byron Bay, Sydney and Cairns by the Great Barrier Reef
- Visit five of Australia’s World Heritage Listed sites - the Great Barrier Reef, Gondwana Rainforest, Wet Tropics of Queensland, Greater Blue Mountains and Sydney Opera House
- Develop an appreciation of Aboriginal cultural links to the Australian landscape and frameworks for Aboriginal involvement in protected area management
- Hike your way through the stunning landscape of the Blue Mountains - Australia’s most visited national park where you'll be greeted with an Indigenous Welcome Ceremony - as well as Mossman Gorge following Aboriginal guides
- Get up close and personal with animals at the Native Mammal Breeding Centre in the Blue Mountains
- Make the most of traveling not only with TEAN support staff, but also university faculty from both the U.S. and Australia for continued guidance and expert instruction throughout the program
This Australia summer program is great for those who want:
- a short term summer program that fits with their existing school schedule
- to earn academic credit while also gaining hands-on learning experience
- the opportunity to experience several locations across the country
- a program with plenty of built-in field trips and excursions
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) – established in 1995 – are study abroad and intern specialists in the Asia Pacific region with semester and summer programs available in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, China and Japan.
Visit the TEAN Website to learn more or Apply Now with TEAN
Important Notes from the
Office of Education Abroad (OEA) at UNC Charlotte
Researching this Program
Many affiliate providers typically will only list minimal information in their brochure above within the OEA database of approved programs as all current information is hosted on their website. Please use the links provided above to research the program information on the affiliate provider's website.
Affiliate Provider Programs
Check out our Affiliate Provider page
for more general information about what an affiliate provider is, the program and cost structure & more. Please note that the "Fact Sheet" listed above may list majors or minors under the "Areas of Study" parameter. It's important to understand that these are simply suggested
areas of study, which indicates that this program may
offer one or several courses within this discipline. Additionally, as course offerings can change often, the program may offer one or more courses within an area of study that is not listed in this section. Students should not rely solely on this "areas of study" section when determining whether or not a study abroad program is a good academic fit for them;
it is the student's responsibility to look at the specific list of courses offered by the host university (see below) to determine whether or not courses are available within their interests and/or area(s) of study.
Any student wishing to participate in an affiliate provider program is required to complete an additional application with the Office of Education Abroad in order to receive approval to participate in the program. Please visit our Application Process page
for more information. Note that students who do not receive approval from the OEA to participate in the program will not receive academic credit, will not be able to access their financial aid or scholarships and will not have access to OEA Services
Refer to our Academic Credit page
for more information on how students will be working with their academic departments to determine what UNC Charlotte equivalent course credit they will receive for the courses they take abroad.
It's important to understand the cost structure of an Affiliate Provider program
and to then research the estimated costs of each expense. Check out our Money Matters section
on our website to learn more about how financial aid works, search for scholarship opportunities and more.
For questions regarding policies & procedures for UNC Charlotte students going abroad, please visit the OEA website
, contact the Office of Education Abroad at 704-687-7747 or email@example.com
. For questions regarding details of this particular affiliate provider program (e.g. program dates, course offerings, program fee, etc.), please contact the affiliate provider.