Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Locations: Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Program Terms: Academic Year
  • Restrictions: UNC Charlotte applicants only
  • Budget Sheets: Academic Year
  • This program is currently not accepting applications.
Dates / Deadlines:
Term Year App Deadline Decision Date Start Date End Date
Academic Year 2017-2018 02/01/2017
Rolling Admission TBA TBA

** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of approval into this program and be able to complete pre-departure materials prior to the term's application deadline.

Indicates that deadline has passed
Fact Sheet:
Program Type: Exchange Programs, UNC Charlotte Exchange Minimum GPA: 3.0
Eligibility: Graduate Non-UNC Charlotte Students May Apply?: No
Areas of Study: Accounting, Accounting - Business, Business - Marketing, Business Administration, Business Information Management, Business Management, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Management Language of Instruction: English
Prior Language Study Required: None Term: Academic Year
Exchange option: Graduate exchanges
Program Description:

Overview Tab Content

Academic Reputation
Copenhagen Business School is internationally accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. Otherwise known as the "triple-crown" accreditation.

Facts & Figures
Founded in 1917
20,000 Students
700 Academic Staff, 550 Administrative Staff
Public University

City: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Population: 570,000 
Copenhagen Map
Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark. It was originally founded as a Viking fishing village all the way back in the 900s. It is located around the coast and there are numerous beaches readily available to visit. Copenhagen is known for the canals that go through the city as well as the developing skyline.The CBS campus is an urban campus located in Frederiksberg, an integrated part of Copenhagen. The buildings are modern and they have state-of the-art facilities.The campus is connected to the airport and downtown Copenhagen with three on-campus Metro stops. Check out this city guide that outlines the best of Copenhagen!

1. Where can I learn more about CBS and the program in general? Be sure to check out the school's website for more information.
2. How will CBS accommodate the transition? CBS provides a "buddy program" where each student will receive a "buddy" to help them acclimate to life in Denmark. "Buddies" are CBS students who have volunteered to help incoming exchange students. This program will include airport pick-up, welcome package, help with registration at the National Registry, and other practical matters. Throughout the semester various activities are planned for the exchange students and their CBS buddies.
3. What will the first week be like? A mandatory introduction week prior to the start of classes will go over courses and exams, Danish culture, IT and library facilities, a campus tour, and an optional social program with evening activities.
4. What is public transportation like in Denmark? You can find out more information regarding public transportation here (select "English" in top menu).
5. How can I prepare myself for the program? Don't forget to check out the Anticipating Arrival Guide and the Smooth Studies Guide for tons of great information!

Application Process
UNC Charlotte students will first need to complete an Office of Education Abroad (OEA) application in order to receive approval to study abroad. To receive access to an application, students should follow the required steps listed on OEA's website, which outline the application process under the "Fall, Spring & Year-long Exchange and Affiliate Programs" heading.

Application requirements may include (and are subject to change):
• Personal statement in English
• Personal statement in host country language (only applicable for students taking intermediate/advance language courses abroad)
• UNC Charlotte transcript 
• 2 academic letters of recommendation
• 1 language evaluation (only applicable for students taking intermediate/advance language courses abroad)
• Disciplinary record clearance
• $135 application fee and deposit

Not all requirements may be listed above. Once students receive access to the application, more instructions can be found to assist the student throughout the process. After receiving approval to study abroad from OEA, students will be required to apply directly to the host university. OEA will provide instructions for how to complete this supplemental application after approval. Once the supplemental application is reviewed by the host university, students will be notified of their formal acceptance.

Academics Tab Content

This exchange program is open to currently enrolled UNC Charlotte business majors. Must be a UNC Charlotte graduate student with a minimum GPA of 2.75. All students who participate in a study abroad program are required to be in good academic and disciplinary standing upon applying and prior to departure.

-Graduate courses taught in English

Danish Language Courses
A Danish Crash Course is offered the week prior to the introduction week. The Crash Course is a 20 hour intensive Danish language class. This course is not included in the tuition-exchange and is approximately DKK 1300 ($215). During the semester, a Danish language course is also offered instead (for credit).

Note: OEA is not responsible for determining course equivalencies. Students will work with the appropriate academic department at UNCC to determine how courses abroad will transfer back to UNC Charlotte.

Schedule Tab Content

Academic Year: August to June

Please see Copenhagen Business School's Academic Calendar for specific dates.

Housing Tab Content

CBS has reservation agreements with most privately owned dormitories, which means that CBS will facilitate room renting for all exchange students.
Students will have a contract with a private landlord while CBS Housing Department will manage the application and placement process.
Students are encouraged to look for alternative housing here.

Please read CBS's Accommodation website for more information about all housing options.

Note: It will be the student's responsibility to research all housing options. If on-campus housing is available, students will apply for on-campus housing to the host institution upon applying for the program. If on-campus housing is unavailable or if the student will be securing their own private accommodations, it will be the student's responsibility to determine all housing options and associated costs. All housing costs will be paid either to the host university or host country.

Finances Tab Content

Tuition and fees will be paid to UNC Charlotte as normal via your student account according to your in-state or out-of-state residency status

The following are typical expenses incurred by students studying abroad. For more information regarding Cost Estimate Sheets, please contact an Education Abroad Advisor:
- Roundtrip airfare 
- International Health Insurance 
- Personal expenses (additional meals, traveling, cultural activities, etc.)
- Application fee
- Study abroad fee
- Passport 
- Visa (if applicable)

Financial Aid
Students are eligible to use financial aid towards their education abroad expenses. Make an appointment with your financial aid advisor to ask any financial aid-related questions. Please see our financial aid page for more information.

Students are encouraged to apply for scholarships. Please see our scholarship website for more information.

Travel Tab Content

All students must have a valid passport before they leave for their program. You can apply for a passport at your local post office or at Union Station located in UNC Charlotte's Student Union.

OEA is not qualified nor legally able to disseminate visa advice or assist with visa requirements. However, below is basic information regarding visas for this country if you are a U.S. citizen. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain a visa before departure if necessary. Please visit the embassy's website for more information.

You do not need a visa to enter the country.
You do need a residence permit if you are in the country for more than 90 days.
- A residence permit is similar to a visa.
- Students should submit their application two months prior to departure. This must be done in person at the nearest consulate.

U.S. Department of State
If you are a U.S. citizen, please see the U.S. Department of State's website for more information regarding visas. Once on the website, scroll to the bottom and choose "U.S. Passports & International Travel." At the top, choose the "Country Information" tab and type the country you are going to. Scroll down to "Entry, Exit & Visa Requirements" and read thoroughly.

Note: will most likely take you to the consulate or embassy's actual website.

Contact Tab Content

Office of Education Abroad
College of Health & Human Services (CHHS) 256
(704) 687-7747 | fax (704) 687-1661


This program is currently not accepting applications.